Wednesday, November 9, 2011

For the love of all that is Xbox.

Before I met Ian I didn't know very much about video games.

Growing up my siblings and I weren't allowed to own a a game system of any kind, except for the occasional hand-me-downs from family or Gameboy's.  You know the ones that look like bricks?  I loved watching my brother's play the old games like Mario Brothers, Kirby, Duck Hunt etc but never payed a lot of attention.  Like I said, that was before Ian!  Today I'm much more educated on the latest in the gaming world.  



MW3 came out yesterday.  For those of you (like me) that aren't up to date with gaming lingo, MW3 is "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3."  I remember months and months ago sitting on the couch before Ian and I were married watching a preview for this game.  It's been a long time coming!

  So over the weekend we made sure to get the Mountain Dew and the Doritos so Ian could get double XP points. But you know what?  I don't mind the whole Xbox thing.  Ian has been working so hard in school and provided me with a "safety word" in case he's playing too much.  Hey, the man deserves it!  I think I can handle the "Mmmhmm sure honey"  and the "Yeah whatever you want" comments for a while.  Even though I know after he's done playing he won't remember our conversation.  Good thing I love him too much to take advantage of that!


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! I just found your blog - and I know this was forever ago, but this made me laugh. Everything about post is exactly the same with me and my husband!

    ReplyDelete