Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beachin' Weekend

Four day weekend!

Ian and I had a great time yesterday while out with some friends.  We went to Applebee's for lunch where he and the other two Airmen received a free meal in honor of Veterans Day, then went to Krispy Kreme where they all got a free doughnut.  It was a riot.

Today we went to the LARGEST souvenir shop we had ever seen.  I wanted to buy a hermit crab but Ian wouldn't let me.  I'll get one someday!  This shop had everything you could possibly imagine.  Shot glasses to fudge, and sea shells to Justin Beiber (see below.)

Afterwards we drove to a local book store where we tried to find some of our favorite storybooks from childhood.  Ian read me "Strega Nona."  I loved it!  Due to the fact that my favorite storybook was first published in 1899, they are hard to come by.  We couldn't find it.  It's a story my Grandmother read to my siblings and I called "The story of little Black Sambo."  I hope to find a copy someday!

On the way home we stopped by the beach and took a walk on the pier.  Other than the fish guts, raw shrimp and bird smurd it was quite relaxing!  I think I'm going to miss the ocean.











No comments:

Post a Comment